Friday, January 30, 2009

Redwood City Old Time and Bluegrass Jam Report - 01/29/2009

1/29/2009 Jam Report
Old Time and Bluegrass Jam
5th Quarter Pizza, Redwood City CA

UDPATED 2/2/09: Added names that I figured out after-the-fact. TY to Mando Mike and Ran for the assists.

Short summary (my own):
Three hours of great jamming. Having a bassist around is always a treat! New folks every week, new tunes every week, top-notch jamming every time, and lots of old friendships being renewed. I do wonder what happened to all the mando players, though... Oh, and Ragtime Annie has a "C" part. Who knew?

In attendance:
4 guitar (George B, Linda Grace, Chris, myself)
3 banjo (Robert, Autumn, Patrick, and Aron from Ran's jam class)
2 dobro (Patrick, new guy)
2 fiddle players (both new to me. I promise I'll learn your names!
1 electric upright bass (John E)
0 mando

Partial setlist, not ordered correctly:
Blackberry Blossom
Red Haired Boy
Sitting on Top of the World
Bury Me Beneath the Willow
Wildwood Flower
Katy Daley
Ragtime Annie
Temperance Reel
John Hardy
Little Maggie
Maiden's Prayer
Kitchen Girl
Cherokee Shuffle
Clinch Mtn Backstep
Bill Cheatem
Red River Valley
City of New Orleans
Wheels
Paradise
Arkansas Traveller
Lay Me Down a Palette on Your Floor

No comments: